As you embark on this Virtual Reference Adventure, first decide what kind of travel experience you want—a thorough itinerary, a quick stop, or an unplanned stroll.
For a thorough itinerary…
Use the menu on the left side, starting with “The Adventure Begins” and ending with “Awareness.”
On each topic page you'll find:
- Advice for the Trip —Observations from learners who participated in the Anytime, Anywhere Answers virtual reference training program and others. You’ll find lots of practical wisdom here.
- Lifelines —Essential resources for this topic.
- Think About —Real-life situations for problem solving, along with helpful resources.
- Ask Yourself —Questions to provoke your thinking.
- More to Explore —Activities that encourage discovery and reflection on best practices for chat reference.
- Take a Break —Games to divert and re-energize you.
For a quick stop…
Choose the specific topic of interest from the menu and explore the resources on that page.
For an unplanned stroll…
Use the Choose Your Own Experience approach.
Selecting one of the three options for “What happens next?” will take you to a random mix of resources and activities. Throughout the site, a few "surprise" links will take you to danger or to your destination—an inspirational view of virtual reference.
Use a map to guide you along the way and to chart your progress!